The first day

Today was my first day back on training. I am following the free 10 week Burn 'n' Build program, which you can also download completely free of cost from the column on the right. I kind of modified it a bit. The diet didn't go as well as I had planned. I was planning to take in more protein and less carbs for today but due to lack of preparation, I had to settle for a few things that i didn't want. It is very important to keep eating every few hours. If you don't, the body tells itself to go into starvation more, your hormones start going crazy and you start deriving energy from protein as well i.e. muscle loss. If you eat a number of times, but in small amounts, you avoid the starvation mode, increase your metabolism, stay energized and always feel satisfied. Anyways, enough about the science stuff. I wanted to tell you about today's diet.
Today I had:
- A bowl of cereal (Fruit & Fiber) with fat free milk
- 10 Almonds
- 100g of chicken with a quarter plate of rice
- Yogurt and gram snack
- 250 ml of milk
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
Workout
- 250 grams of chicken, sprite (for the insulin spike), whole wheat bread.

I should have taken more protein in the breakfast, accompany the almonds with milk/yogurt/apple/peach/egg white etc. and I should have taken the rice just before the workout. Anyways, I'm sure I'll get it right tomorrow.

The workout was excellent. It was a Chest and triceps workout day and MAN!!! it was good. Doing almost every push up from wide, to narrow, to scatter to jump, to clap. I also did some isometric holds at the end. Ill be doing thighs tomorrow, which I'm sure will leave me lying on the floor :). In case you are wondering, I usually workout at home as my specialization is in home workouts and fat loss. I just thought I'd let you know :).

I guess I'll stop here for today. See you guys tomorrow..so keep visiting :)





Bookmark and Share

No comments: